Posted: Monday, March 19, 2018 12:09 AM
Company Name:Voestalpine Nortrak
Benefits Offered Life, Medical, 401K, Vision, Dental
Employment Type Full-Time
Why Work Here?
“Great & safe working environment! Friendly and Family oriented culture!”
We are seeking a Welder to become an integral part of our team!
Using work orders, ITP’s and blue prints layout and weld plates. The average assembly time (including any rework time) for assembled plates must be equal to or less than the specified process time. Must perform first parts inspections and 100% inspections as specified to eliminate spoilage. Spoilage, due to failure to perform specified inspections, is unacceptable. Routine cleanup of work area. Perform other duties as assigned.
● Able to operate welder.
● Proficiently Layout and weld plates.
● Read work orders, ITP’s, blue prints, rulers and tape measures.
● Add and subtract whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
● Read and follow production schedule.
● Safely operate jib and overhead cranes.
● Able to work with little supervision.
● Previous experience in welding, manufacturing, or other related fields.
● Familiarity with welding tools and procedures.
● Familiarity with engineering blueprints and schematics.
● Ability to handle physical workload.
● Welding Certification a must.
About voestalpine Nortrak:
voestalpine Nortrak is North America’s leading designer and manufacturer of special trackwork. We are the technology leader in the trackwork Industry.
We have a location near you with ten facilities in Canada, U.S. and Mexico.
Nortrak’s Signaling Division, based in Chicago Heights, combines hydraulics and electronics in switch machines tailored for freight, transit, streetcar and high speed rail. The “Racor” line of manual switch stands has long been the industry standard. Fixed infrastructure asset monitoring systems provide early diagnosis of adjustment problems with switches machines, track circuits and other devices. Rolling stock diagnostic systems monitor the performance of rolling stock overheating wheels and bearings.
We hold a leading position as a supplier of special trackwork to the North American rail industry. voestalpine Nortrak has earned this position through a dedication to provide our customers with superior products, in field support, excellence in engineering and a commitment to service.
In addition to our manufacturing facilities in North America, the voestalpine Turnout Systems group has 40 plants and locations in 21 countries.
Please forward resume with salary requirements to: Michael.Soeherman@voestalpine.com
EEO / Minorities / Females / Vet / Disabled / Drug-Free & E-Verify Employer
Company address: 3930 Valley East Industrial Drive, Birmingham, AL 35217
• Location: Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
• Post ID: 29981937 birmingham