- We have an opening for a full-timeELECTRICIAN, MAINTENANCEposition.
- Location: Brookwood Medical Center, 2010 Brookwood Medical Center Dr., Birmingham, AL 35209Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T; Monday through Friday, 7:30am to 4:00pm.
- Requirement: Electrical license required.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Crothall Healthcare, a division of Compass Group North America, provides customer focused support services. As specialists, we perform services including healthcare housekeeping, management in laundry processing, patient transportation, business facilities management and clinical engineering. Crothall is a compilation of the most committed and talented individuals working in the industry today. Our dedication to quality, exceptional customer service, and unequivocal results allow us to provide the best outcomes to our clients.
Full time associates at Crothall are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary: Operates and maintains all equipment, guided by a general knowledge of building trades, carpentry, painting, minor electrical, plumbing, mechanical system repairs, plant maintenance and the use of tools and basic maintenance supplies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides quality customer service by providing one-on-one attention to detail.
- Responds to dispatch calls for machine repairs using company vehicle.
- Calls on existing customers to determine adequacy of service; listens to and resolves service complaints.
- Inspects and listens to machines to identify causes of malfunctions; dismantles machines to gain access to problem area.
- Performs a variety of duties in maintaining, repairing, operating and renovating plant and facilities.
- Inspects parts to detect wear, misalignment or other problems; removes and replaces worn or defective parts; repairs broken parts; realigns and adjusts components; tests machine operation following repair.
- Reads blueprints and diagrams, determines materials needed, estimates time and material costs on installations and requests supplies to assure timely and adequate availability.
- Installs, tests and repairs electrical fixtures, power distribution circuits, utility equipment, internal communication and alarm systems and elements of heating and medical equipment.
- Diagnoses and corrects trouble on electrical installations; recommends emergency courses of action to keep vital electrical equipment operational.
- Recommends appropriate sources of electrical power for new installations or renovation projects.
- Works on power lines, including 120 to 480 volts and on transformers, switch gears, cubicles, etc.
- Performs corrective maintenance in accordance with the work order system.
- Installs/repairs high and low-voltage electrical equipment including transformers, panels, feeders, motors, switches, fire alarms, intercoms, computers and other equipment in a timely manner.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment; performs job safely.
- Exhibits professionalism with customers, fellow employees and others.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid Non-CDL Class C driver's license.
- Valid current state/local electrical license.
- Two years of trade school or related experience.
- Two years of experience as an electrician in a similar-sized institution in an engineering or maintenance occupation.
- Working knowledge of local, state and the National Electric Code (NEC).
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
Req ID: 155688
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 29049592 birmingham