- We have an opening for several part-time FOOD SERVICE/FAST FOODpositions.
- Location: Birmingham-Southern College - 900 Arkadelphia Rd., Birmingham, AL 35204.Note: online applications acceptedonly.
- Schedule: P/T; Must have open availability.
- Requirement: Must have prior culinary experience & excellent knife skills.
If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
Bon Apptit Management Company believes we can change the world through food. A pioneer in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, we cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients. Our teams at corporations, universities, and museums all across the US have the freedom to create menus tuned to their guests, mixing regional comfort foods and global cuisine. We are committed to nurturing our staffs talents, staying ahead of dining trends, and making a difference in the food system. Join us in our mission of food service for a sustainable future.
Full time associates at Bon Apptit are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
Summary:Prepares, presents and serves food in a fast-food/casual setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets guests promptly and warmly.
- Takes food orders and efficiently relays them to back-of-the-house staff.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of all menu items and ingredients.
- Communicates directly with back-of-the-house staff to ensure orders are delivered correctly and all special requests are addressed and accommodated.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a friendly, service-oriented manner. Relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Cooks fast-food items in compliance with all safety and safe food handling standards.
- Performs light cleaning duties, including sweeping and mopping, to maintain sanitation and safety standards.
- Keeps equipment, work area and facilities clean and in order.
- Performs sales transactions in a reasonable and timely fashion. Rings all items sold and obtains customer signature.
- Responsible for all assigned change, funds and cash receipts ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 29049587 birmingham