- We have an opening for several full-time DISHWASHERpositions.
- Location: Norton Cafe Complex, 900 Arkadelphia, Birmingham, AL 35254Note: online applications accepted only.
- Schedule: F/T; Schedule varies.
- Requirement: Dishwasher experience preferred.
Are you looking for a job with competitive wages and benefits, one in which you can learn and grow while making a difference in the world? Were hiring! Bon Apptit Management Company operates more than 1,000 cafs around the country for corporations, universities, and museums, as well as a few dozen public restaurants. Weve led the industry in socially and environmentally responsible sourcing, from sustainable seafood to cage-free eggs. We cook everything from scratch using fresh, local ingredients.
Full-time associates at Bon Apptit are eligible for many benefits, including:
- Paid vacation and sick leave
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- 401(k) with matching by company
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- On-the-job training
Learn more about careers with Bon Apptit: (link removed)
Summary: Maintains dishes, pots, pans, trays, kitchen, work areas, equipment and utensils in orderly and sanitary condition.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Scrapes and rinses food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or on conveyor to dishwashing machine depending on assigned equipment. Ensures complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Washes pots, pans and trays based on assigned procedures. Ensure complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Polishes silver using burnishing machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel and hand cloth depending on assigned equipment and procedures. Ensures complete cleanliness and sanitation.
- Ensures compliance with outlined safety procedures.
- Maintains temperatures and chemical levels as outlined by provided standards.
- Keeps dish area orderly and in compliance with safety standards.
- Sweeps and mops kitchen floors to ensure compliance with safety and sanitation standards.
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, meat blocks and other food prep surfaces.
- Removes trash and places it in designated containers. Steam cleans or hoses out garbage cans.
- Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas.
- Helps load and unload supplies and product.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.</p>
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation.Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity.*Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 28955197 birmingham