What you’ll be doing...
Your role is to nurture, develop, and grow our greatest asset—our people. Using your human resources experience and knowledge of our business (don’t worry—that will come with time), you’ll help guide your clients through all people-related matters as they navigate challenges and embrace opportunities. You’ll also help your clients be better leaders by supporting them in coaching, providing feedback, and managing performance. You will play a key role in creating a work environment where everyone can thrive.
- Supporting programs that promote recognition, development, and retention of key talent.
- Supporting business leaders to develop employees, give feedback, and manage performance effectively.
- Providing expertise on ethics, compliance, and employee relations issues.
- Answering questions about HR policies and procedures.
What we’re looking for...
You share our belief that people are our most important asset. You know the value of a great manager—how inspiring and empowering it can be to work for one. You are driven to help your clients be better leaders, and you believe in everyone’s potential to grow. You’re a great listener, so people naturally come to you for help and advice. You’ll enjoy partnering with your clients to solve complex problems and, in the process, make us better every day because here, better matters.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in human resources.
Even better if you have:
- Consulting skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated influence skills via relationships, information and data.
- The ability to quickly establish and maintain rapport with people of diverse backgrounds and professional levels.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Click here for more info: http://www.verizon.com/about/work/jobs/6768145-hr-business-partner
• Post ID: 18814813 birmingham