VOIP/Network Support (Tier 2)
Location: Birmingham, AL 35213
What we are looking for:
- SIP/SIP Trunking is a hard requirement
- If they have Adtran (related to VIOP) experience, they will be almost guaranteed an in-person interview.
- $45K -$50K pr/year, but paid hourly w/OT available. They will have an on-call rotation 1 per month with a $200 bonus for on-call.
- They promote a lot from this department to Network Engineers, Sales, etc.
- After 6 months, employees are eligible to move departments or be promoted.
- CCNA Cert reimbursement for employees
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides superior customer service and advanced technical support for direct business customers including troubleshooting, making configuration changes, processing change orders, answer how to questions, and billing inquiries.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with other team members.
- Identifies and recommends process improvement ideas to Management.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service behaviors such as: being friendly and caring, listening, empathy, diffuse upset customers, providing customers with accurate troubleshooting processes and information.
- Troubleshooting technical problems, setting up advanced configurations, escalating with telecom carriers, escalating with Internet service providers, and handling all escalations from Tier 1.
- Being the point on unresolved issues to ensure resolution or appropriate escalation to other work groups.
- Project management and other duties as assigned.
- Flexibility in occasionally adjusting schedule as needed for department staffing coverage.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Communications and/or Telecommunications experience preferred
- Proven successful customer service experience, inbound call center customer experience preferred
- Practical work experience or education in telecommunications or networking related field
- Working knowledge and troubleshooting experience of SIP, RTP, UDP, TCP, and NAT technologies
- Troubleshooting experience with carriers for access and last mile facilities
- Working knowledge of DNS, Web, email, voice mail, and eFax services
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge of support operations and practices
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 29019657 birmingham