EBSCO Industries, headquartered in Birmingham Alabama, was founded by an entrepreneur who was passionate about honoring our commitments to our customers, rejecting the status quo, and seeking to continuously improve our team. We continue to operate that way today, with a passion for our people and our businesses succeeding together. EBSCO has a variety of businesses that are within 5 different industries including Information Services, Publishing, Manufacturing, Real Estate and Insurance Services. We hire passionate people, driven to grow, because we know the success of EBSCO depends on the long-term success of our businesses and our teams.
Software Engineer (Dev/QA)
The mission of a Dev QA is to design, develop, test, and deploy software using state-of-the-art technologies as part of an Agile team that is focused on Flipster web and mobile products as well as processes for eBook purchases and eBook content storage, retrieval, and display.
This position calls for an experienced developer who has demonstrated experience in all phases of application development and support in a team environment. This developer should be a self-starter that can handle multiple priorities simultaneously. Additionally, the candidate should display a pattern of continual learning and a desire to broaden their software development and design skills.
- Develop, maintain, extend software components and ensure reliable deployment of new features for a wide range of EBSCO products, especially focused on Flipster and eBook products.
- Develop software as part of an Agile team in a Scaled Agile (SAFe) environment, working in two-week iterations.
- Work with product owner, other members of the Agile team, as well as Program Team on the ART to understand business requirements and priorities.
- Author well-engineered solutions using test-first/test-driven methodologies.
- Deliver tested, demonstrable, and deployable software within an iteration.
- Deliver software that is enabled for CI/CD.
- Help the team make and deliver on its commitments.
- Contribute to the architecture and design decisions for the product(s).
- Automate unit and integration tests to achieve high automated test coverage.
- Assess and incorporate new tools to aid with the development and testing process.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the team.
- Contribute to the definition and inspection of quality gates within the build and deployment pipeline.
- Applies critical thinking and structured problem solving to address root causes.
- Works effectively with team members and other teams to accomplish individual, team and organization goals.
- Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- Learns quickly. Demonstrates ability to quickly and proficiently understand and absorb new information.
- Focuses on desired results. Sets and achieves challenging goals.
- Focuses on quality throughout the development process.
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Copes effectively with complexity and change.
- Implements solutions and enhancements quickly and efficiently following EBSCO software development lifecycle processes and practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of software design patterns, algorithms, data structures and modern programming techniques.
- Focuses on continuous improvement and shows willingness to learn new technologies and processes.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering or other Information Technology related degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional development experience using C# or Java.
- 3+ years of professional web development experience using .NETApplication Servers.
- 3+ years of experience in large systems software design and development with hands on experience in RESTful Web Services, HTML, XML/JSON, HTTP, SSL.
- 1+ years experience of Automated Unit Testing with JUnit, NUnit, etc.
- Experience working with Mobile Application Development for iOS and Android using Swift or Java.
- 1+ years of experience with DevOps and CI/CD practices.
- Experience working on an agile team preferred.
- Some experience with Web Services lifecycle (design, build, test, deploy), API versioning and design approaches, tools, inter-operability, and SOA concepts.
- Familiarity with Microservices and microservice design patterns.
- Working knowledge of performance testing strategies and techniques.
- Positive Attitude
- Good Judgement
- Open Communication
- Desire to Make an Impact
- Eager to Understand
- Team Player
EBSCO Industries, Inc.is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. EBSCO strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
EBSCO complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 28925927 birmingham