Posted: Friday, March 10, 2017 8:48 PM
Company Overview 13;
Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost:saving solutions. Graingers employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high:performing team, youll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazines Most Admired Companies list.
Position Description 13;
The Field Account Representative (FAR) is an outside sales role. This person is responsible for penetrating all assigned accounts to develop relationships to achieve profitable revenue growth within his/her assigned geography. The FAR partners with established sales and service teams to grow sales among approximately 130 large:sized contract and non:contractually obligated customers. The assigned customers are in manufacturing and office environments. The compensation is tied to the ability to achieve or exceed established sales targets and other account management tasks. The FAR will make 8:10 quality, revenue generating calls per day.
The FAR is required to make decisions influencing sales for large sized customers with and without contractual relationships in his/her assigned account package. Specific responsibilities include
* Determine, prepare and present the appropriate Grainger Value Proposition to each account and review how Grainger can add value and help with each accounts purchasing needs
* Create a territory plan that optimizes call routes, maximizes time in the field and ensures you are delivering and executing a sales plan that meets or exceeds stated performance targets
* Consistently maintain account and customer contact and record follow up details in Graingers CRM.
* Consistently take a proactive approach to driving sales with each account while utilizing a wide array of available communication channels in order maximize their purchasing with Grainger through all of Graingers sales / service channels.
* Establish and/or extend current relationships with customers in a productive and mutually beneficial manner
* Timely and responsive to customers real:time needs
Position Requirements: 13;
All candidates must have
* 1:3 years of previous sales and/or relationship building experience
* Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
* Exhibits high integrity in all business dealings
* Strong time management and organizational skills
* High School Diploma or GED, two or four year degree preferred
* Must have a valid drivers license
* Ability to travel and have occasional overnights as needed
All candidates must demonstrate ability to
* Ability to grow revenue to stated thresholds.
* Rapidly build knowledge of Graingers product lines
* Required to drive a Grainger branded vehicle within assigned sales territory
* Ability to achieve or exceed stated metrics of daily calls, customer face time minutes, etc.
* Regularly exercise independent judgment and discretion when interacting with all accounts and determining product and service offerings
* Effectively use quantitative skills to report accurate information on overall results of customer interactions.
* Ability to work in a highly matrixed organization
* Understands buying decisions, buying processes and cash flow dynamics of aligned customers.
* Understand and use basic selling techniques: open, probe, presentation, over:coming objections
* Ability to identify opportunities, negotiate and manage sales; manage business needs and cost requirements.
* Understand, apply and synthesize data/information regarding customers and account package
* Work l
• Location: Birmingham
• Post ID: 17787648 birmingham