This Response Line Desk position is responsible for providing the frontline, single point of contact for customers requiring assistance from the IT organization for incident resolution, service requests, and new events. The RLC analyst must combine World Class customer service and technical skills to ensure that our customer's needs are resolved with the first call as often as possible.
The RLC analyst must ensure that all incidents are completely and appropriately documented so that trend analysis and call avoidance analysis can be completed. This position is a technical expert who consults with and resolves technology issues for clients and develops solutions. This position is critical for ensuring that customers' technology needs are met and that customers are satisfied.
This is a 24- hour, 7-day operation. Shift work may be required. This position is located in Birmingham, Alabama.
- B.S. degree in a technology-related field, preferred
- 1 to 3 years experience in computer/technology field, preferred
- Thorough knowledge of information technologies (those currently used within the system and new technologies), and an understanding of infrastructure and telecommunication transport
- Ability to build and maintain relationships within IT and other departments
- Demonstrated willingness to take ownership of technical issues
- Exceptional analytical abilities and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and multiple priorities
- Ability to make decisions with little or no management input and in absence of prior existing guidelines
- Self starter, initiative and independent thinking
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong oral and written skills
- Must demonstrate behaviors consistent with the Company's values of unquestionable trust, superior performance and total commitment.
- Willing to work any Shift and weekend
Technical Skills Required:
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Southern Company IT software and hardware configurations including but not limited to: Desktop configurations (PC's, printers, phones/radios), Network configurations, and Windows 7 and Windows 10.
- Comprehensive knowledge of LAN/WAN technology
- Working knowledge of Mainframe technology and associated applications
- Working knowledge of access technologies, and telecommunication terminology
- Comprehensive knowledge of Remedy Event Management System
or contact us at email@example.com
• Post ID: 18052507 birmingham