Department : [[Accounts Payable]]
Job Location : [[Birmingham USD]]
Other Potential Locations : [[None]]
- Receive vendor invoices, scan/import the images, verify data OCR extraction is accurate, and route the documents into electronic workflow for processing.
- Work daily workflow error queue to investigate errors, understand why documents have not been fully processed, and use understanding of the workflow process to correct errors on a timely basis in accordance with rules and tolerances so that document workflow can be successfully completed.
- Audit PO-related invoices against purchase orders and goods receipts.
- Analyze price variances, quantity variances and tax mismatch issues and research and take action to resolve.
- Understand how the purchase orders are created and goods received in SAP and how that affects the 3-way-match (including implied conditions that affect shells and tax calculations).
- Maintain/update shared Excel file for short-paid invoices on direct goods.
- Coordinate with Fixed Assets Department to ensure PO-related capital invoices are properly routed to their department.
- Audit Non-PO related invoices, Check Requests and Expense Reports using knowledge of the Chart of Authority rules and limits to ensure that invoices are correctly routed to the business for approval using the electronic workflow tool while ensuring state/local taxes are remitted to vendor or accrued.
- Have a strong working knowledge of sales and use tax and be able to research and correct tax posting and accrual errors.
- Identify and prevent duplicate invoice processing.
- Identify missing vendor workflow and initiate the vendor create process.
- Work daily EDI error queue for price and quantity variances that prevent invoice posting, and coordinate with warehouse staff for correction of goods receipts.
- Minimal data entry for customer-based invoices (CMAs, sponsorships, etc. that make up less than 5% of processing volume).
- Communicate with vendors to answer inquiries and resolve issues.
- Reconcile supplier statements and monitor vendor account balances.
- Review aged invoices and communicate frequently with colleagues across the organization to ensure that invoices are approved by the business in a timely fashion in order to meet payment deadlines so that invoices are paid in accordance with vendor payment terms.
- Process incoming invoices (using Hyland software).
- Process/troubleshoot workflow errors (using Readsoft software within CONA).
- Manual posting in SAP.
- Working vendor statements.
- Responding to questions from external vendor and internal customers.
- Other assigned duties/Training/Project Management.
- Payment processing.
- Additional duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or 1 to 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Successful candidates with our company must pass a drug screen and background check. (MVR/DOT Physical, if applicable)
CCBCU is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Post ID: 28925967 birmingham